Community meetings about Chelan’s proposed new hospital
CHELAN - MANSON - Attend an event, hear about plans for the new hospital and have your questions addressed.
March 15: Chelan Senior Meals, Chelan Senior Center – 12 noon – 1 p.m..
March 15: Mountain View Lodge, Manson – 6-8 p.m.
March 17: Manson Senior Meals at Chelan Senior Center - 12 noon – 1 p.m.
March 19: Living Stone Church, Chelan 12:30 -1:30 p.m.
March 19: Centro Christiano, Manson 6-6:45 p.m.
March 24: Karma Vineyards, 5:30-7 p.m.
Q: Why not reduce services and downsize like Leavenworth did?
A: There are several good reasons why the Leavenworth model would be a giant step backward.
• Every expectant mother and everyone needing even minor surgery would have to go to Confluence in Wenatchee
No babies would be born in Chelan
No day surgeries or minor surgeries would be performed in Chelan
No orthopedics anymore
• Leavenworth is 20 miles from Wenatchee over mostly 4-lane, level highways
• Chelan is 50 miles from Wenatchee, over 2-lane roads frequented by deer and goats
• Once we downsize, getting our current services restored would be practically impossible.
• The population of the Leavenworth Hospital District is about 4,500 and declining. The population of the Lake Chelan Hospital District is 10,000+ and growing.
• Downsizing is not the best solution for our valley’s families. A new hospital makes lots more sense.
Deadlines for registering to vote
WENATCHEE - The deadline for returning online or mail-in registration forms and updating your address prior to the April 25, 2017 Special Election is March 27. If you are not currently registered in Washington, you can register in-person at the Auditor’s Office up until April 17.