Lake Chelan Fire responds to fire at Darnell's Resort

CHELAN - The Lake Chelan Fire and Rescue responded to a fire incident last night around 8:16 p.m. at 901 Spader Bay Road, Darnell’s Resort according to a press release from Faye Barker, Administrative Assistant.

Upon arriving on scene, Rescue 71 reported smoke in the utility room area underneath the main building. They established a 2-in-2-out and entered the building and extinguished the fire.

The fire was isolated to the utility room area of the building with no structural damage to the building and minor damage to the contents. It took 10 minutes and 28 seconds to put out the fire from the time of the 911 call being received.

The cause of the fire was an electrical short in a hot water tank.
 

User menu

NCW Media Newspapers