Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Chimney fire turns into a structure fire, quickly extinguished by first arriving engine company


CHELAN - On Jan. 1, 2018, at 1926 hours Chelan Fire and Rescues’ Engine 71 was dispatched to a chimney fire at West Prospect Street. Upon arrival Engine 71’s crew, led by Lt. Shawn Sherman, found the fire had extended into the walls around the fire place. Lt. Sherman upgraded the alarm to a working structure fire. Chief 701, 702, Engine 79 and seven additional firefighters responded. Engine 71 was able to knock down the fire and keep it contained to the structural walls around the fire place within 17 minutes of the 911 call. Chief 701 and Engine 79 continued into the scene to assist Engine 71’s crew with checking for extension and overhaul.
The cause of the fire was a direct result of the fireplace usage. The house was still able to be occupied by the residents.

fire, union valley, Chelan


No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here