The Lake Chelan Mirror has compiled a list of locations and causes currently accepting and/or requesting donations to benefit different causes.
• Lake Chelan Health & Wellness Foundation, Hospital Building Fund – “Thank you for your vote to build a new hospital, your time and passion, and your commitment to ‘quality healthcare close to home’! Let’s keep moving forward as we build the vision.” For more information visit www.LCHealthwellness.com, or mail in your donation to: Lake Chelan Health & Wellness Foundation, P.O. Box 1911, Chelan, WA 98816.
• Lake Chelan Community Hospital (LCCH) Guild B, Lights of Love – Guild B members and husbands, and staff decorate the hospital grounds every November before Thanksgiving. With community donations, the “Lights of Love” project may be presented for various special occasions. Since 2006, “Guild B has purchased three telemedicine monitors and over-the- bedtables for the ER, physical therapy equipment, a neonatal monitor, and health education scholarships” with help from donations and fundraisers – Drop off locations at Lake Chelan Community Hospital, Heritage Heights, Lake Chelan Chamber, and Precht Rose, or make donation check to: LCCH-Guild “B”, and mail to: Guild B, P.O. Box 2177, Chelan, WA 98816.
• Manson Manger Mall – Currently accepted unwrapped toys valued from $20-25 at Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce or Manson True Value Hardware, or money donations by check payable to Manger Mall, P.O. Box 477, Chelan, WA 98816. “All checks are recognized with a thank you card and 501(c)3 number for tax purposes. Manger Mall is an affiliate of Chelan Valley Hope.
• Chelan County Fire District 5, Manson Fire, Season of Hope – Stockings are delivered to selected families in the Manson community. The stockings include food and grocery certificates, Manger Mall vouchers, and candy. The Season of Hope program is partnered with Manger Mall and Manson Red Apple and helps families during the holidays. If you wish to support our "Season of Hope" project or learn more about it, call the Manson Fire Department at (509) 687-3222, mail in donations to Manson Fire Assoc. PO Box D, Manson, WA 98831, or drop off Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Chelan County Sheriff’s Department, Santa’s Stars – The Second Annual event “gives less fortunate children from Entiat, Chelan and Manson the opportunity to go Christmas shopping for themselves and their families.” The children will shop for gifts, while a parent takes a cart for groceries to help the families through the holidays. The Sheriff’s Office is looking for donations in the form of $100 Walmart Gift Cards. Donated gift cards can be dropped off at the front desk of Chelan County Sheriff’s Office on Emerson Avenue in Chelan.
• Chelan Fire and Rescue 7 – Has container in place for new or gently used coats, which will be picked up and donated to Chelan Valley Hope.
• Chelan FFA – Currently accepting non-perishable food, new toys, personal hygiene products, gently used or new jackets – Drop off locations are: All Seasons Rentals, Les Schwab, Chelan IGA or Chelan High School, or call Breanne Hanson (509) 860-1950 for more info. The collection will run through Dec. 11.
Lake Chelan Mirror – Drop off monetary, non-perishable food or new, or gently used scarfs, hats and gloves to benefit Chelan Food Bank and Chelan Valley Hope. For more information call (509) 682-2213 or stop in at 310 E. Johnson Ave. in Chelan.
• Morgen Owings Elementary – Conducting a canned food drive – collections will be accepted in the foyer of the school through Dec. 19. All donations gathered will benefit Chelan Food Bank.
• Chelan Valley Hope/Chelan Food Bank – Accepts cash, non-perishable food, and gifts of kind donations. There are various drop-off points throughout Chelan, including drop off at Lake Chelan Mirror located at 310 E. Johnson Ave. in Chelan.
• Lake Chelan Historical Society: collects, displays, stores, and protects historical and cultural artifacts from our valley. Donations can be mailed to PO Box 1948, Chelan, WA 98816 or dropped by the museum on the corner of Woodin and Emerson in Downtown Chelan.
• Buckner Orchard Foundation: Looking for a stocking stuffer, a special gift to commemorate a memory or loved one, or to create a sense of caring and nurturing in a young person? Consider giving an adopted tree at the Buckner Orchard for 2018. What better way to ensure that future than by giving a child a gift of a tree? Maybe you know someone who doesn’t get to Stehekin often enough, who has a special memory of the Orchard, or you just want to support the work of the Foundation in caring for the Orchard. Adopt-A-Tree is one way in which you can support the work of the Foundation in caring for the Buckner Orchard. With your support much can be done to protect and conserve the heritage of this national treasure, and to continue its place as an important part of the Stehekin Community.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure a certificate arrives in time, providing the first and last name of the person the gift is being given to, as well as the address to which you would like it sent. Be sure to include your e-mail address; this saves the Foundation both time and money in getting the receipt to you. A personal message may be included on the certificate, such as, With love and fond memories, from Grandma Cinda and Uncle Jim. You choose the one-line wording.
Mail a check (at $25.00 per tree) to the Buckner Homestead Heritage Foundation at PO Box 184, Manson, WA 98831. Because some may be given as Christmas gifts, a certificate will be mailed immediately, trusting that the appropriate payment will be forthcoming.
Adopt-A-Tree is one of three means by which the Foundation raises funds to support the Orchard and Homestead. The other two are memberships and donations. Please help us today and give a gift of love and caring.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here