CHELAN - The volume of water from Lake Chelan into the Chelan River and down through the gorge is increasing due to the rapid snowmelt and releases from the dam. The Chelan County PUD is urging everyone to please be cautious along the Gorge Trail and stay away from the fast-moving water.
Those recreating on the lake should be cautious while on or near Lake Chelan. Lake levels are up and the water is chilly.
• Please be aware of the following:
• High water to continue until the end of May
• Cold and fast-moving water
• High temperatures make the water attractive to enjoy – but it’s not a good idea
• Riverbanks can be slippery with loose soils and rock
• Debris in the water – causing boating hazards and trapping people
Logs, Trash, Docks, Out-buildings Etc.
• Observe and obey all posted warnings
• If it says CLOSED – it is!
• Stay away and stay out
• Don’t be a casualty
• Watch small children closely
• Water is over many trails and paths – detour around
• Observe warning signs on Chelan River Gorge hiking trail – stay away from the riverbank
• All Chelan PUD boat launches on Rock Island and Rocky Reach reservoirs are closed
• Keep your pets away from the water – the current is swift and dangerous
• Even great swimmers would struggle in these water conditions – not a good time for inner-tubing, paddle boarding or kayaking
For more information www.chelanpud.org
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here